Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The deployment "scoop"

Well, yesterday threw us for a loop, when Bill called in to ask about applying for Palace Chase (transfer to the Guard) for a second time. We were feeling a little defeated about this "other" deployment (the FSO one - for a wing safety guy), when the paperwork gal told Bill to go ahead and apply NOW. He called me; he sent in his paperwork; and now we wait.

Supposedly, while we are in process to Palace Chase, he cannot be picked up for this deployment. Once he is approved, he can separate from active duty. If he is disapproved, he will most likely be picked up for the 120 day deployment in September.

We have been in prayer about all of this, and it all seems so haphazard... yet we know God is in control of it all. As Bill put it last night, "I don't want to be another Jonah." He put in to "get out." But, if God is calling him to serve overseas for a period of time, he's more than willing to do it. He's just not desiring a whale to swallow him up and take him there. Either way, I'm proud of him, and the time he's served our country... We should find out something solid mid-summer.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I know he is willing to do whatever God is calling him to do. He's not being a Jonah by applying. We are SO incredibly grateful for the service Bill has given and is willing to give our country. Its a family sacrifice really, you've given just as much. There aren't words for it. Just... Thank You.

katieowens said...

Good luck with Palace Chase. I know you guys really want this deployment or no deployment. We'll be praying for a good outcome.

Organized Chaos said...

Isn't the AF fun!

I can totally relate to where you guys are at...hang in there and I'll continue to pray for peace of mind while you wait!

Mama Z said...

I've been trying to find an e-mail for you and I can't. Do you have one you'd send me? :)
Laura Zimmerman (Mailand)
gl.zimmerman@verizon.net