These wonderful little people are the three reasons that I get to be called, "Mom."

and the #1 blessing in my life!

I came downstairs for breakfast to this sign - made by the boys. They were so excited. "We even put triangles on it for you (at right)." And Ivan drew a balloon (top left!) for me.

I had taken so many photos with Ivan and Grant at their Mother's Day tea on Friday, so I had Bill take a few of just me and Mary. I love you, sweetheart!


We went to church this morning, and the kids each had made something for me. Grant made the card on the left; Ivan decorated the flower pot; and Mary had her
hand prints made with the verse from Proverbs, "And her children rise up and call her blessed." I feel so blessed by these three. And they were so cute and proud of their gifts too. I love to see the joy in their faces as they purposefully bring joy to another. Today, it happened to be me! Children truly are "gifts from the Lord," aren't they? There is nothing sweeter!

And, to the most important woman in my life...
Mom, it wasn't until I became a mother, myself, that I realized all you did for me and David. Being a mom is not easy, but it is so incredibly rewarding! I have such a wonderful example in you - your footsteps are easy to follow, but your shoes won't be easy to fill. : ) Thank you for showing me God's love and grace, and for giving me yours. I also appreciate your prayers, your confidence in my abilities, and our friendship. I love you, Mom!

Mother's Day - 1976
6 comments:
You look so beautiful!!
And I love the photo of you and your mom!
Handmade gifts are the best!
You had a great hair day!
Glad you had a special day with your family...love your mom's outfit. Don't you wonder what Mary will think of the outfit you're wearing in those pictures when she looks back at it in thirty years!
Kathy
Your family is very cute. I love that we both have an Ivan. Your right, we have very different lives with our families, but I would not change it. Keep in touch!!
Jen and Family
Your family is so sweet! I am such a sucker for homemade gifts from my kids. Yours gave you some precious gifts! I LOVE the picture of your mom holding you. What a sweet tribute, too. I saw that earlier today and took your idea (added a picture of my mom and me on my blog).
What a beautiful post!!! All the pics so precious and the one of you and your mom is priceless!!! Your mom was into pics and scrapbooking even before it was popular. Kudos to her.
Post a Comment