Marian also, and this is one I was excited to see, put together a yearbook through "blurb" online. If anyone is curious about this, as I was, it turned out beautifully. It was a good quality, hard-cover book with great color. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it! This is the service I am using to print my blog book and was so happy to see that it really works! Thank you, Marian!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
An apple for the teacher
If only it were that simple, right? It's that time of year - gifts for the teachers. Both Ivan and Grant's classes went in on gifts this year. For the 3's class, everyone pitched in for a painted clock. I nabbed each child as they came into school one morning and put their fingerprints around the edges of this plate (from one of those paint-your-own pottery stores). They were supposed to look like hearts, but were a closer resemblance to little bottoms! So, I ended up outlining them. My friend, Katie Roberts, found the poem, and came up with the whole idea... I just created it. It turned out pretty cute, I think, and is something she can actually hang in her classroom!
The kindergarten class also ended up with some creative gifts for their teacher, Mrs. Drake. My friend, Marian, pulled together a few ideas and some WORK too! She set it up with a bead store - each child went in and picked out a charm for a charm bracelet. Then we each filled out a card on why our child picked that specific charm for her. It ended up looking so cute, and was pretty meaningful as well.
Marian also, and this is one I was excited to see, put together a yearbook through "blurb" online. If anyone is curious about this, as I was, it turned out beautifully. It was a good quality, hard-cover book with great color. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it! This is the service I am using to print my blog book and was so happy to see that it really works! Thank you, Marian!
Marian also, and this is one I was excited to see, put together a yearbook through "blurb" online. If anyone is curious about this, as I was, it turned out beautifully. It was a good quality, hard-cover book with great color. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it! This is the service I am using to print my blog book and was so happy to see that it really works! Thank you, Marian!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment