I'm finally getting some time to sit down and post photos from the boys' end of the year program. Grant finished his first year of preschool in the 3 year old class, and Ivan graduated from kindergarten. It was pretty neat and emotional to watch these two take the stage together with their classes. I love this picture - taken before the ceremony. Our two guys, all dressed up and ready for their big night! This picture reminds me of my dad and his brothers.

Getting our little graduate ready...

Ready for that diploma!

A proud mommy moment...

The children all paraded in from both sides of the sanctuary, led by the
kindergartners, to the song, "Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord." Emotions flooded me, because the boys sing this song all the time. It was neat to hear it to the music, and see the kids walking together, singing praises, and playing their instruments. Grant was concentrating very hard on his drum, but when he saw us, he broke into a huge grin. These years are the best - I love being the most important people to my kids. That is probably the coolest thing as a parent to see your child light up when they see you!

Everyone on stage, and the Class of 2008 is right up front!

They were so cute! (Ivan is right in the center)

The kindergarten class played the bells.

Grant is in the middle - he loves to sing.

This was a proud moment for Mommy and Daddy - ahem. Debbie
Trenchard, the school director, asked each
kindergartner, "What will you do with your life to honor God?" Up till our son, there were answers like, "A doctor, so I can help animals," or "A fireman, so I can save people," and so on. Ivan, when asked this question, answered with, "I want to be an upside-down surfer." Nice. Maybe he'll make a living as a comedian?!

If only I could get this butterfly thing down... ("If I were a butterfly!")

Grant - so sweet!

Click on this one - Ivan cracks me up with his serious singing!

This is our little "lady" sitting so properly while entertaining herself with snacks!

Grant accepts his certificate from Mrs. Jackie, his teacher.

Big hug! He loves his teacher. I think it may be hard for him to switch next year. : (

Ivan gets his diploma from Mrs. Drake. She has been so wonderful! We have been so thankful for both of our kids' teachers this year.

Afterwards, we picked up the boys in their rooms. The teachers had all of their left-over artwork, etc. in a bag for them to take home, and a gift as well. It was sad to say, "goodbye." I'm glad we'll have another year there with Grant!

Cheese! Next year - the FOUR year old class!

And with Ivan... next year - ELEMENTARY school. First grade sounds so big to me.

As a gift to each family, I put together a CD of
the portraits I took a few weeks back. It was so much fun to design this cover, and the "Brady Bunch" theme worked perfectly as we have 9
kindergartners this year!

Way to go, Ivan and Grant. A year well done! We love you.
1 comment:
LOVE the pics! especially the family photo with the headless hula girl in the background!
I caught Grant's face lit up when he saw you guys! IT IS THE BEST! I hope that's how they see us when we see us greet them :)
Post a Comment