Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today

Today has a lot of wonderful things happening. I turn 33 today, Ivan graduates from Kindergarten and Grant will also be in the program. Today is their last day of school, then it's off to new beginnings!

However, our hearts are heavy as we learned yesterday that Bill is one of two who are being chosen between for a 6 month deployment to Iraq in September. The other guy is a friend, so it is even hard to know how to pray. The last guy who went also had 2 months of pre-deployment training, so he was away from his family for a total of 8. I pray that Bill will not be sent to Iraq, but I do not wish for them to send my friend's husband either. We are praying that neither has to go... as we are from a small squadron of instructor pilots and are running at 100% with our pilots as it is.

Please pray for us... first and foremost that we have good attitudes and a peace about the decision made. Of course, my mind is reeling with all of the, "what ifs, what will we do's, etc..." And pray that we can put this at the back of our minds and just enjoy tonight for the boys! We will be getting the news sometime today.

10 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh, Kathy... First, I wandered over here this morning to tell you Happy Birthday! I hope you are able to enjoy your day and feel special.
As someone who knows what your heart is going through, I will pray. I will pray hard for the possible deployment. I will pray for your peace. I will pray for your ability to pray and not worry. Remember, whatever happens, God is in control and both you and your friend can handle it. I will be praying hard for you all day.

Rachel said...

You are already on my mind with it being your birthday (33 is such a special age by the way- huge significance with our faith) but I will definately be thinking and praying for you all day- for all the things listed above. God IS in control, that's what we know for sure.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY- This is the day the Lord has made- angels danced when you were born!!!

katieowens said...

Kathy, I really hate to hear this. We found out last night from Dave and our hearts are breaking for both families. We are praying that somehow it gets cancelled and no one has to go. I hope that you enjoy your day as you have a lot of wonderful thngs going on. Happy Birthday! Please keep us posted. We will be thinking of you.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy. I hope everything turns out the way you want. You are in our thoughts.

Organized Chaos said...

I literally feel sick just reading this post...I'll totally be praying for your peace of mind and for the other couple waiting for news.

Thank you for your phone call of encouragement just the other day...all those things you said are true for you as well in these circumstances.

At least you can eat a HUGE piece of cake tonight guilt free...either celebrating or depression eating.

Please call if you need to talk or cry. Keep us posted.

Kobies said...

Kathy - Jer and I will be praying for you guys. I hope you do have a great birthday and fun with the boys today.

Samantha said...

We'll be praying for all of you.

The Clarks

Marian said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bill's possible deployment in the fall. The last time Jim got deployed it was in the fall and it was hard for him to be away during the holidays. I'm keeping you all in my prayers!!! I hope neither you or Alexis have send a husband off in the fall.
Whatever the news is ...God will keep him safe and will help you through it all. And we'll be here for you.

Katie told me this afternoon that it's your birthday...33 is a wonderful year and believe me it only gets better! We will enjoy the boys' graduation tonight! They have worked so hard all year and have grown a lot. We will enjoy the NOW-- it's called the PRESENT because it is truly a GIFT from HIM.

Happy Birthday my friend!

Anonymous said...

Well, first let me say Happy Birthday, I hope you were able to enjoy at least part of the day! Our prayers are with you and I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. So, whatever the decision is, God has a plan. HE will not give you more than you can handle. My favorite life verse is "I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me." Phil 4:13. Hope you had a great Birthday and I can't wait to me you.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I will be praying for you as well! Thank you for all you guys do and sacrifice for the rest of us!